Saturday, July 5, 2008

Final Seminar Project for EDIT 490

Starting simple is always a good idea for teachers since time is such a valuable and limited commodity day to day. I want to use a Web 2.0 tool that will help my 4th grade teaching team collaborate and share ideas more easily. Also we can share websites, and other resources for various lessons and subjects ... so that we don't need to reinvent the wheel. Wikispaces for Teachers is my choice at this point ... I did look at PBWiki, but free space only goes up to 10 MB which is not much and I don't want to have to pay a monthly rate to increase this storage space; hence the Wikispaces route. I might look at Wetpaint to compare.

Bottomline: the wikispace will be used for teachers to collaborate, share ideas and valuable resources, give feedback and discuss our new intervention in reading program we're using this coming year. I want to design this wiki in such a way as to make it easy to access and be inviting and organized, but mostly USEFUL. Ultimately, the team I collaborate with will need to use an application that is hosted by an existing site online.

No comments: